Services and Special Features
The fine work of John DeVries Log Homes.We ship and reassemble anywhere
- Complete design and drawing service.
- Timber frame and envelope systems.
- Select Canadian eastern white pine; 12″-24″ in diameter. (See Handcrafted Log Home Packages below).
- All logs are hand peeled.
- Logs are scribed and fitted in the chinkless Scandinavian style with saddle notched or dovetailed corners.
- Other log walls profiles available:
- Full length, round, chinked.
- Full length squared and/or hewn, chinked.
- Heavy post-and-beam and round or squared log infill panels.
- Timber framed roof structures of round logs or sawn timber. (See Timber Home Packages below)
- Logs are predrilled and cut for hidden wiring.
- Variety of log-end treatments: straight cut, curved, staggered, etc.
- Curved archways, sculpted cedar log railings, half-log or slabbed timber stairways, chamfered edging at window and door openings, self-adjusting settling systems, fireplace mantels, etc.
- Logs are cleaned, dressed and treated before shipping.
- Consultation and on-site supervision.
Handcrafted Log Home Packages Log Work Only:
Round squared, scribe-fit chinkless or chinked. Starts at $80.00* per square foot of anticipated finished floor area.
Timber Frame Packages Timber Frame Only:
Heavy timber dressed and sanded four sides. Starts at $40.00* per square foot of anticipated finished floor area.
*Prices are in Canadian funds and are subject to change without notice.
We offer project management services and can assist you in finding closed-in-shell or turn-key options for handcrafted log homes and plans. Our pricing for work done over and beyond log or timber packages is billed to our clients on a cost-plus basis. As a general guideline, completely finished handcrafted log homes start at $250 per square foot.